Funnel Book Advert

Peter James West is the author of the science fiction series:
Tales of Cinnamon City


If you're new to the my books, you'll find that they're a mixture of military science fiction, action, and fantasy. Tales of Cinnamon City is a science fiction series set in the richly detailed world of Megarothia.


If you are new to this series just click the button below to get started. 
Find out more >





Sunday 9 September 2012

Review: From a Buick 8 Review, Stephen King

Review of From a Buick 8 by Stephen King

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars





I picked this book up on a 3 for 2 sale and didn't really expect much from it. It wasn't something I was looking for and I didn't really expect the subject matter to be in my area, but it was written by Stephen King and that is always a good sign. I took my chances and began to read. 

I was very quickly caught up in the story. It focusses on the strange goings on around a Buick 8 car, and how a group of Pennsylvania State Police go about dealing with the highly unusual situation. As usual, Stephen King is on top of his game.



Stephen King

The plot is almost entirely focussed in one place, but this is a strength of the book rather than a limitation. It helps focus the story on how a bunch of ordinary people go about dealing with extraordinary situations. As always, King's characters are down to earth and fully believable. The way the story is told is also very well done. It's pretty much a masterclass in story telling. I was hooked from the start, and really liked the way the story unfolded, and how it didn't have cliches or predictable events. What it did have was credibility and character. This is a really good book. I enjoyed it a lot.




[Posted by: Peter James West, author of the science fiction series: Tales of Cinnamon City.]


If you're new to the my books, you'll find that they're a mixture of military science fiction, action, and fantasy. 

Tales of Cinnamon City is a science fiction series set in the richly detailed world of Megarothia.






For a limited time, you can get a FREE copy of Information Cloud – the first novel in the series – direct from this site. Just click the button below to get started.
Information Cloud



No comments:

Post a Comment