Funnel Book Advert

Peter James West is the author of the science fiction series:
Tales of Cinnamon City


If you're new to the my books, you'll find that they're a mixture of military science fiction, action, and fantasy. Tales of Cinnamon City is a science fiction series set in the richly detailed world of Megarothia.


If you are new to this series just click the button below to get started. 
Find out more >





Saturday 25 August 2012

Review: The Dreaming Void, Peter F. Hamilton

Review of the Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars





It took me a long while to read this book. I was pretty busy elsewhere and it's a long book, but I got there in the end. I think the main problem was that it took me a long while to get into it the story. Hundreds of pages seemed to grind by without really getting anywhere.

There are good things in this book. It has some good story elements. The problem is that these are spread too thin amongst an ocean of words. 

The dreaming void is part of a series, so it's only really getting started, but the author seemed in no rush to get to the point. 

I enjoyed parts of this book, but it could have been a lot shorter and probably would still have packed the same punch. Sometimes less pages would make the story better. In general, I preferred reality dysfunction.

Peter F. Hamilton




[Posted by: Peter James West, author of the science fiction series: Tales of Cinnamon City.]


If you're new to the my books, you'll find that they're a mixture of military science fiction, action, and fantasy. 

Tales of Cinnamon City is a science fiction series set in the richly detailed world of Megarothia.






For a limited time, you can get a FREE copy of Information Cloud – the first novel in the series – direct from this site. Just click the button below to get started.
Information Cloud



No comments:

Post a Comment